About Me

My photo
A fiery, red-headed newbie Vegan who loves wine, food, reading, writing, and all things curious.

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Vegan Cheesy Corn Pudding

Before I became vegan, I would say my most requested dish was always corn casserole. It was a holiday table staple: Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, Birthdays...any reason to make it. I had found the original recipe in Cooking Light magazine. Far from vegan--egg beaters, butter, & Non-V muffin mix among the ingredients--family members encouraged me to try a vegan version.  

I am very happy to announce...The corn pudding tradition will continue! This vegan version has been modified and is even better than the original--it's cruelty free. 

I do apologize for the bad photo. We were SO excited to try this that taking a pic became an afterthought. If you do make this please send me a photo and I will upload it to the blog with credit to the chef of course :)

Vegan Cheesy Corn Pudding

Ingredients:

2 Ener-G replacer "eggs"
1/2 cup melted vegan butter (Earth Balance)
1 can whole-kernel corn
1 can cream-style corn
1 8 oz package Vegan corn mix*
1 carton plain soy yogurt (Whole Soy & Co)
1/4 cup Daiya pepperjack cheese

*Not ALL boxed muffin mixes are created equal! Many of them contain animal lard. I found a Shoprite brand vegan version. But Trader Joe's or Whole Foods might have one as well. 

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Combine ingredients in a large bowl until mixed well. 
2. Pour mixture into an 8x8 baking pan sprayed with cooking spray. 
3. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set, edges might be slightly browned. (Shake it--if it jiggles in the middle--keep cooking a little longer)

I am warning you...this is seriously delicious. I could probably eat a whole pan myself!


3 comments:

  1. Looks good and messy, which often makes for the tastiest dishes! I've never made a corn pudding before, but now I'm very curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so yummy! If you make it send me a photo and I will post it to the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so yummy! If you make it send me a photo and I will post it to the blog :)

    ReplyDelete