About Me

My photo
A fiery, red-headed newbie Vegan who loves wine, food, reading, writing, and all things curious.

Friday, October 28, 2011

Vegan Meatball Subs and a some Beatles...

Thank God It Is Friday! Hubs and I have been waking up at 5:30 AM each morning this week to workout to burn some extra cals.  You all know how much of a morning person I am NOT...so...it's been...well...a little rough. 

John Lennon sings it perfectly here

Tonight for dinner I made vegan meatball subs using some vegan meatballs from Trader Joe's. The meatballs were surprisingly meaty and very full of flavor!



For something sweet I made the Chocolate Avocado Bread from Manifest: Vegan. And YUM! 
Only modification I made was to use 1 cup of whole wheat flour and 1 cup AP flour and  3/4 cup of cocoa.
A very dense, rich bread that has the right amount of sweetness. The banana and avocado gives it a slight fruity taste that is very refreshing. 


(Hubs couldn't wait to dig in)

Now that the weekend is here I will be resuming some home-cooked recipes. My Goodreads vegan gals and I are having a Pecan challenge tomorrow so stay tuned for nutty nosh...
And I will be participating in this week's MOFO Iron Chef Challenge of Carrots & Oats! 
I am probably the only person excited about the Nor'easter tomorrow so I can stay inside and cook! 

But to kick this weekend off right...



And one of my All Time Favs:




No comments:

Post a Comment