"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans."
As I learn about living a more compassionate life through being a vegan, I realize that each moment is special with family, friends, animals, or strangers on the street. Everything happens for a reason and we should seek the positive and appreciate all that is given to us.
So as I sit here tonight, sipping a perfect glass of red wine, watching the NY Yankees hopefully win the ALDS with my husband, I'm smiling as I appreciate the wonderful family and friends we have and most importantly the Sexy Delicious Chili we had for dinner!
As I am gearing up for Vegan MoFo I plan to do lots of research and write about fun topics like the history of our favorite foods and health topics that are important for everyone. Please stay tuned for a whole month of blogging and fun recipes!
Start off October with this super yum Chili to warm you up on those chili (hehe) Autumn Nights!
Sexy Delicious Chili
2 Yellow Onions, diced
3 Garlic cloves, smashed
2 Green Bell Peppers, diced
1 Zucchini, diced
1 Cup Corn, Frozen or Canned
2 Cans Black Beans, drained and rinsed
( I used dry beans and prepped them the day before)
1 Chipotle in Adobo, diced
2 Tbsp Cumin
2 Tsp Oregano
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1 Can Tomato Paste
2-28oz Cans of Crushed Tomatoes
(Choose one or go crazy sexy and add them all!)
Chopped Black Olives
Chopped Red Onion
Daiya Cheddar Cheese Shreds
Crumbled Baked Tortilla Chips
1. Saute onions over medium-high heat until translucent and slightly brown. Add garlic, peppers, and zucchini and saute for another minute.
2. Add corn and black beans and stir, slightly smashing the black beans. Let cook for anothe rminute.
3. Add chipotle, spices, and tomato paste and mix well, let cook for two minutes.
4. Add crushed tomatoes, stir well to incorporate all ingredients. Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Dish up, add some toppings, and enjoy!
Great for Baseball Playoffs AND Football Games!!