About Me

My photo
A fiery, red-headed newbie Vegan who loves wine, food, reading, writing, and all things curious.

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Don't Be Afraid Of The Leftovers...(Dinner on the table in 15 minutes!)



I don't know about you but this Fall Back thing has me all out of whack! It gets dark so early now, I just want to go home, curl up and go to sleep. But then hubs would starve, my piano would feel lonely, my Nanowrimo would go unwritten, and you wouldn't have anything to read (Ha!). 


This Sunday that just passed--Oh you know! The one where the NY Giants rocked an awesome win against the Pats! GO ELI MANNING! 


I made a scrumptious dinner of recipes from Bryant Terry's Vegan Soul Kitchen as well as a little Gardein Pulled Pork. Really, it was Ahhh-mazing! 

VSK Baked BBQ Black-Eyed Peas
VSK Spicy Smothered Green Cabbage
VSK Sweet Cornmeal-Coconut Butter Drop Biscuits 
Gardein Pulled Pork


Tonight, however, not too much time to cook and we were really hungry. I made this pretty, simple,plate from leftovers in fifteen minutes! 

Leftover Roasted Ambercup Squash*
Leftover VSK Cabbage
Leftover Portabello Mushrooms
Couscous 

I know a lot of people that don't like leftover food. But if you are a busy person or just too tired to cook remember...
       ...leftovers are your friends. :)

*Ambercup squash is a beautiful squash that looks similar to a pumpkin. It is orange with a big stem and the skin is thin. So sweet and creamy!






1 comment:

  1. I love leftovers especially when it's with beans or food that just improves with a day or two of melding flavours.

    ReplyDelete