About Me

My photo
A fiery, red-headed newbie Vegan who loves wine, food, reading, writing, and all things curious.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Hubs and I are still unpacking from our move. Although you know the kitchen was the FIRST thing this vegan gal unpacked! Just had to break in the new & beautiful, Kitchen Aid double oven. This thing will make holidays smoother by being able to cook at different temp ranges at the same time! 

Tonight's dinner was created with a little help from some well-known vegan cooks! 

 Gardein's NEW Breaded Turkey Cutlets & Gravy
Dr.Neal Barnard'sWild Rice with Roasted Garlic & Spinach Pilaf (Get Healthy, Go Vegan!)



Hubs did give the green patties a questioning look at first. I think I added too much potato water. The mix was a little wet and created more of flat patties than the adorable round puffs on Susan's blog. This is the first time I have tried the colcannon and well--it has potatoes, kale, and nooch--Yum-tastic! Can never go wrong with a FFV recipe!



The pilaf had a healthy dose of smoked paprika giving it a rich flavor blended with roasted garlic and the perfect bite of wild rice. I use the The Get Healthy, Go Vegan Cookbook often. The recipes are simple and low-fat/low-cal but not low on flavor. 



Gardein has certainly impressed again! These turkey cutlets are by far our FAVORITE Gardein product! I am so excited I found a coupon for them because I plan to go stock up tomorrow! I oven-fried them, and they were crispy and juicy. It is scary how much they taste and feel like real meat. The home-style gravy has that perfect blend of sage and thyme that go so well with turkey. 

Now...time for green beer! 
Erin Go Bragh! 


No comments:

Post a Comment