About Me

My photo
A fiery, red-headed newbie Vegan who loves wine, food, reading, writing, and all things curious.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Stop Letting Your Mind Get In The Way Of Your Body

Stop letting your mind get in the way of your body...


Last night on the Biggest Loser, Dolvett said this to Emily--the Olympic weightlifter--who came to the ranch unhappy with herself and her body. Here is a woman who had all of the resources to keep in shape and healthy but was so scared of failure that she gave up on herself. I often connect with at least one contestant during the seasons that I have watched.


Ali Vincent--the first female winner-- explained how she had gotten to her heaviest weight by only seeing five pounds at a time. Those five pounds on the scale were easier to handle than seeing the fifty or one hundred pounds total. 


This testimony resonated with me. If I gain two pounds I will be miserable the whole day. Then I have a vegan brownie, forget about those two pounds and then get on the scale to find I am three pounds heavier than before. 


Although I did lose weight initially when we became vegan--having a food blog does have downsides. And to be honest, hubs and I have been a bit lazy in the exercise department. We start up with vigor and zeal and by the end of the week we take off one night...then a morning...before we know it a week went by and wonder why we have not lost anything. 


We are stopping this vicious cycle of letdown. 


Ghandi says, "Be the change you want to see in the world."  This principle doesn't have to just apply to the outer world but to our own intimate selves. I have to be the change I want to see in my own world. No one is going to appear and take the weight off for me. And I do not qualify for The Biggest Loser so there is no chance of meeting the adorable Mr. Harper for a sweat-session. 


In addition to vegan recipes and the occasional John Lennon video, this blog will highlight my weight loss journey. I am just your average 30-something curvy gal that wants to fit in to her old jeans. I have 22 lbs to lose. I don't have a goal date, just a goal. I plan to take it a day at a time and I hope that you will join me. 


If you have weight loss story, or are on your own journey please feel free to post a comment or email me. 


We all need support whether it is 2, 20, or 200 pounds. 


Ali Vincent's message was stronger than even she realized...


In the battle with the epidemic that is obesity...we are all really just five pounds away. 





No comments:

Post a Comment